Please note Hillyard Street was called Russell Street in 1881 – see here.
Kelly’s Directory 1881 tells us that at 11 Russell Street was Mr William Sandford, owner of a Dairy.
Expanding on the info taken from Kelly’s Directory and looking at the Census we find out a little more…
Mr Sandford can be seen below on the Census of 1881 along with his wife Catherine. They do not appear at the premises on any other census.
|Name||Relation to head of household||Age||Year born||Town of birth||City of birth||Country of birth||Profession|
|William Sandford||Head||57||abt 1824||Lambth||Surrey||England||Dairyman|
|Caroline Sandford||Wife||58||abt 1823||Maidstone||Kent||England||/|